Monday 29 April 2013

soups you!

I found a new toy and I love it! My new soup maker - it's the most rock n roll piece of kitchen equipment I have ever owned. You can make soup in it (surprise surprise as it's called a soup maker!) - chop the stuff, put it in, cook it then blend it all in one jar - brilliant! It saves on washing up which is a massive bonus as I already make a ridiculous amount of mess when I'm in the kitchen. It also works as a blender  / smoothie make too... it's a complete miracle!

So I went a bit soup mad last week. The Pea and mint soup was a revelation as it's pretty much just pea and mint...easy! I also made carrot and coriander and tomato and basil and they all rocked... even if I do say so myself.

Here's the pea and mint recipe just to prove how simple it is:

Ingredients
250g frozen peas
450ml hot vegetable stock
handful of fresh mint roughly chopped
salt and pepper

Method
1. Put the peas in the soup- maker (or pan or blender), pour over hot veg stock and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mint and salt and pepper then whizz.
3. serve, eat and enjoy! :o)

With the soup maker Matt and I decided to have a bit of a detox last week to clear out our system and hopefully loose a few pounds and it was surprisingly easy. We had a juice for breakfast and lunch then soup for tea and we both lost 4 pounds.

Although, like I've said before, we are both Vegetarian and wannabe Vegans, all the research into diet and health for my Mum has really spurred us to be as Vegan as possible and so far it's actually proving to be really quite easy and we feel so much better because of it.

Also with Mum starting her chemo, the advice is to cut out some dairy products - mainly soft cheese - similar to a pregnancy diet and I want to make sure she never has to go through this crap again and make the chemo worthwhile... so we're stepping up the healthy eating and diet. More recipes coming up! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment