Sunday 21 April 2013

Super Mum!

Add caption
It's now 7 weeks since the op and so far my Mum is kicking some serious cancer butt! She is an absolute inspiration and I'm sure everyone that has seen her over the last few months will agree. I personally am so so proud of how she has handled everything.

The Mastectomy went really well and so has her recovery. All the nurses, doctors at Leighton have been absolutely amazing and most definitely deserve a #remarkableyou!
My Mum has also asked me to thank everyone for all their support, well wishes, cards and flowers over the last couple of months - she has been overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and it has most definitely helped her through some of the tougher times.


Flowers from DK Management
We've been cracking on with the juices more than ever - concentrating on carrots and leafy greens - spinach, kale, cabbage etc and my Mum has had so many comments on how well she looks and specifically the condition of her skin - even from random people she doesn't know in the supermarket?!

The juicing revolution also continues with lots more juicer purchases this week. New passengers on board the Juicing Train include Soph & Bradders, Ross & Andrea and Damo from IK's - a true rock n roll juicer! We also bought one for Matt's Mum for her Birthday.

I'd like to think that in general I'm not too much of a preachy person (you'll probably tell me different) but this is something I am really loving learning about at the moment and I absolutely 100% believe that having a healthy diet can improve everyone's quality of life. If me going on too much and making the people I love think a bit more about what they are eating and lead to them buying a juicer in turn giving them a healthier and happier life then so be it.

Check out this vid if you have time - it's an hour and a half long but well worth the watch if you still need some convincing with the juicing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLQwWKb3l8

My Mum being diagnosed with Cancer shook me and my family to the core. Cancer has always happened to other people and the whole 1 in 3 people will get cancer scenario has never actually meant anything until now. Cancer is caused by a number of things but mainly lifestyle - alcohol, cigarettes and diet and so I am going to do everything I can to make sure I and everyone close to me is aware of this and makes changes for the better so they don't have to go through what my Mum is going through. So thanks again for everyone who is taking the time to read the blog, listen to me going on and has embraced the juicing revolution. I can't tell you how much it means. I feel VERY lucky to have such open-minded and totally awesome friends!! :o) xxx

The Juicing Revolution





2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic post! This is so inspiring for everyone to read, Abi has a juicer and regularly makes me drink these weird and wonderful juices, every time I drink one I feel amazing, I have more energy, my little Brain works quicker and I know that I am looking after my body which is a big responsibility, and something that we should all do with more attention.
    Keep up the fantastic Blog Posts, we lover 'em, almost as much as juiced carrot, parsnip and garlic!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arh thanks Al - really appreciate it. You guys inspire me all the time so it's great if I can ever give anything back. xx

      Delete